ABOUT US

Old St. Mary’s traces its roots back to 1833 as the first catholic parish in the area when approximately 100 “Catholics of Chicago” sent a petition to the Bishop in St. Louis requesting a pastor.  This Saint Mary’s parish would soon become the first cathedral parish of Chicago and that designation would last until the fire of 1871.

The Paulist Fathers took over the parish in 1903.  Our present location is the sixth site, all occurring around the Loop area of the city.