Our Parish Mission

Founded in 1833, Old St. Mary’s parish is the first Catholic parish in the Chicago area. ¬†Guided for more than a century by the vision of the Paulist Fathers, we are a diverse and welcoming community dedicated to serving the spiritual needs of the Loop, South Loop and the greater Chicago area.

As a unified Church and School community, Old St. Mary’s Parish promotes the mission of the Paulist Fathers to welcome those who have been away from the church, to build bridges of respect and collaboration with people of diverse backgrounds and religions, and to promote justice and healing in our society.