Old St. Mary’s (OSM) Parish is seeking individuals who are interested and able to make a commitment to a three-year term on the Pastoral Council. The qualifications to be on the Pastoral Council are as follows.
- Baptized, active Catholics.
- Registered members of parish that are 18 years of age or older
- Participates in parish worship life, especially Mass and the sacraments.
- Can represent the vision and mission of the collective Old St. Mary’s community
- Commitment to giving the time needed for prayer, discernment, study, listening and dialogue; and eager to carry out the mission of the Parish.
The Responsibilities of OSM Parish Pastoral members’ are as follows.
- Participate in monthly meetings: Because the Pastoral Council does its work at monthly meetings, it is important for members to be present at meetings.
- Attend special events: Special events are times when the parish gathers to celebrate, communicate and/or make decisions. Council members are encouraged to attend as many as they are able.
- Keep the “pulse” of the Parish: Council members are asked to volunteer to serve as a liaison to one or more parish groups and to actively engage with the parish community to help demonstrate support and facilitate communication.
In addition to the qualifications and responsibilities needed, individuals seeking membership on the Parish Council should be able to demonstrate qualities such as:
- A strong commitment to Catholic values
- A commitment to the mission of Catholic Education and Catechesis
- Leadership skills & experience in leadership roles of other OSM ministries or other organizations
- Open-mindedness and respect for others’ opinions and perspectives
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
If you know of someone who possesses the qualities needed for the Pastoral Council, or if you are interested in learning more, please contact Janet Starr at email@example.com by May 1, 2017 to nominate yourself or another Parishioner to the OSM Parish Council.