Baptismal preparation is designed to minister to parents and godparents and is viewed as spiritual guidance, pastoral care, catechesis, and hospitality.
Old St. Mary’s Baptismal Ministry is seeking Baptismal Hospitality Ministers, someone to be on hand at the Mass to greet and accompany families through the celebration. This is a great role as it is done at a Mass you would be already attending!
We are also seeking team members who would be interested in helping to prepare families and Godparents who are celebrating it for the first time.
Both types of team members (Prep & Hospitality) are roles that serve to:
• Establish an environment of friendship which centers on the Church’s love and concern for the family.
• Teach couples the Catholic understanding of baptism.
• Help parents realize and to empower parents to be the primary teachers and role models in their faith.
• Prompt relationships between the parents, the child, and the Godparents; and then with the parish through these relationships.
• Explain how the sacrament is celebrated here at Old St. Mary’s and what to expect on the day of the baptism.
Please consider learning more about how you can be present to families at Mass when their child is being baptized and or assist families in arriving at a deeper appreciation of baptism and their own vocation as Christian parents through guiding a baptismal prep session.
To learn more contact our Director of Lifelong Faith Formation, Maryellen Harrington at 312-922-3444 ext 26 or email her at email@example.com.
for the following Mass dates and times:
Sunday February 23rd at 8 AM
Sunday March 29th at 11 AM